Volunteers and External Researchers FAQ

  1. Where can I find information about seeking a research mentor at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai?

    1. You can visit the Mount Sinai Faculty and Researchers page to see if there is a researcher you may be interested in working with and reaching out to them directly.

  2. Where can I find information about volunteering or working on research studies at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai? 

    1. There are two main ways to get involved in research at ISMMS: 

      1. You can apply for an open job position through the Mount Sinai Careers page if you are interested in a paid research role and eligible to work in the United States. Open positions are posted on the Mount Sinai careers website. 

      2. You can volunteer or collaborate as a visiting researcher by getting onboarded through the Volunteer Services Office (VolunteerDept@mountsinai.org). You would need a faculty sponsor, to support and oversee your position. The Volunteer Services Office can guide you through the onboarding steps. 

    2. Once onboarded, you may be granted access to relevant systems like Sailpoint, EPIC, and OnCore depending on your position and need for access. Contact the Volunteer Services Office to learn more about requirements and the onboarding process for volunteer researcher roles.